Catholic schools exist to further the mission of the Church to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ. Yidarra Catholic Primary School seeks to make Catholic school education available to all Catholic children, insofar as this is possible.
- Yidarra Catholic Primary School (YCPS) recognises the uniqueness of each student.
- YCPS has a preferential option for the poor and the marginalised.
- YCPS fulfils its mission in partnership with parents who are recognised as the first educators of their children.
- YCPS shall accept all applications for enrolment.
- The acceptance of an application form does not guarantee an enrolment interview or offer of enrolment.
- Enrolment at YCPS shall only be offered where the school has age appropriate accommodation available and the requisite resources to respond to any specific needs of a student.
- Enrolment at YCPS does not guarantee enrolment in any other Catholic school.
- YCPS has responsibility to fulfil the requirements of relevant Federal, State and Local Government laws and regulations.
- YCPS has a responsibility to conform to the ‘Student Enrolment’ policy statement mandated by the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia.
Enrolment priority is given to:
- Catholic students from the Parish of St Thomas More, with first priority being given to those students whose family actively participates in worship and service within the Parish.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish.
- Other Catholic Students.
- Siblings of non-Catholic students attending YCPS.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other Non-Catholic students.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) wishing to enrol their child at YCPS are to complete an ‘Application for Enrolment’ form and forward this to the School Office (one per child). An application is not deemed ‘complete’ until copies of all requested documentation are provided to the School. This includes but is not limited to:
- ‘Application for Enrolment’ form
- Original Full Birth Certificate (not extract), photocopies will not be accepted
- Baptism and other Sacramental Certificates
- Parish Priest Reference (new families only)
- Immunisation Records
- Children and/or parents born outside Australia must provide Visa Type and Number, Permanent Residency details, Australian Citizenship or Australian Passport details.
- Parenting Orders (where relevant)
- $55 non-refundable registration
- When lodging an ‘Application for Enrolment’ for students who are due to commence Kindergarten in future years, parent(s)/guardian(s) must forward a copy of the ‘Parish Priest’s Reference’ form to their Parish Priest for completion and return to YCPS. Where the Parish Priest is not the Priest of the Bateman Parish, an appointment must also be made to meet with the Bateman Parish Priest, 18 months or less prior to when your child is due to commence Kindergarten.
- Prior to lodging an ‘Application for Enrolment’ for students who are already attending school elsewhere, parent(s)/guardian(s) must forward a copy of the ‘Parish Priest’s Reference’ form to their Parish Priest for completion and return to YCPS. Where the Parish Priest is not the Priest of the Bateman Parish, an appointment must also be made to meet with the Bateman Parish Priest, if you had been contacted to attend an interview with the Principal.
- Where an age appropriate vacancy exists, an interview will be conducted involving the School Principal and the parent(s)/guardian(s). Prospective students must also be present at the interview.
- Enrolment interviews for Kindergarten will generally be conducted two years prior to the calendar year for which enrolment is sought.
- Through the interview process, the Principal will ascertain whether the student has any special educational needs. It will be established whether the specific needs of the student and their family can be met and whether the level of support required by the student can be adequately and effectively provided by the School.
- Where there is doubt, the Principal shall consult with the Special Learning Needs Team at the Catholic Education Office to ensure that the school has the resource capacity to make adequate provision for the student’s specific educational needs.
- As far as possible, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified within two weeks of the interview whether an offer of place is possible. On being offered a position for their child/children, a letter of acceptance must be returned to the school by the due date together with any other requested information.
- Where an offer of enrolment is not made, parents(s)/guardian(s) will be provided with the opportunity to place their child’s application on a wait list.
- Tuition fees and other charges have been set by the Board of YCPS in accordance with Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia guidelines. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) are asked to make a commitment to support Catholic education financially by paying fees. A copy of the school’s ‘Payment of Fees Policy’ is available from the Principal upon request.
- If it can be demonstrated that a parent or guardian has knowingly withheld information relevant to the application/enrolment process, especially in relation to the student’s individual needs, medical conditions, health care requirements and/or Parenting Orders, enrolment may be refused or terminated.
This ‘Student Enrolment Policy’ is in accord with Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia policy and fulfils all requirements of relevant Federal, State and Local Government laws and regulations.